I (Dave) really like this guy: Dr Russel Moore. No. It's more than "like". I deeply respect him, and resonate with his heart for adoption, and for advocating for Biblical justice for the fatherless. And I have to say, I agree with his article entitled Don't Adopt, and I couldn't have said it better myself. I read this before meeting my sons, and thought "amen". But now I re-read it and think "AMEN!"
The amazing thing is that, by God's good grace, I know that we have only just begun this journey of learning what adoption/redemption really means. By nothing other than God's power and grace, my oldest son is a different child than he was a month ago - he is learning what it's like to receive love, and he is starting to blossom in his new identity. I hope the same thing can be said of me as God's child. And I am trusting that, by God's power and grace, we both will be different people a year from now, and ten years from now, and beyond...
I really, really like that article too! Hits the nail on the head!
ReplyDelete