After Monkey Road, we walked back to the main road and trekked another mile. We stopped for coffee and this cute little hole-in-the-wall, and had the BEST mocha I've had in ages. Well, I haven't had a mocha in ages, but if I had this would've ranked as the best. And look, the sweet little barista wrote "enjoy"! I wanted to cry. Then again everything makes me cry these days. but you know what I mean =-) I was so excited by her kind service, and we started chatting. her name is Patience. Hmm, I get it. I needed to hear "enjoy" from "Patience" today. You knew that, Lord.
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Monkey Road and other local haunts
So - we needed a little change of perspective today. It had been a long morning already by the time 8am rolled around. So, we strapped the boys on our backs and ventured down the road to a sign I had noticed a few days ago: "Monkey Road". we thought it'd lead us to monkeys, and the locals told us to bring sweet bananas, but the monkeys weren't out. Oh well, it was a great view of the bluffs nonetheless.
We did see a handful of chickens and roosters on Monkey Road, and some goats. But that's not that unusual. In fact, I think the people in this country live by the true definition of free-range chickens. And they are yummy! Chicken is the only meat I've eaten over here. I've lost weight - my appetite just isn't there. But not to worry, gimme a week back at home (and meals brought to my house by friends, wink, wink) and I'll be back to normal =-)

After Monkey Road, we walked back to the main road and trekked another mile. We stopped for coffee and this cute little hole-in-the-wall, and had the BEST mocha I've had in ages. Well, I haven't had a mocha in ages, but if I had this would've ranked as the best. And look, the sweet little barista wrote "enjoy"! I wanted to cry. Then again everything makes me cry these days. but you know what I mean =-) I was so excited by her kind service, and we started chatting. her name is Patience. Hmm, I get it. I needed to hear "enjoy" from "Patience" today. You knew that, Lord.
After Monkey Road, we walked back to the main road and trekked another mile. We stopped for coffee and this cute little hole-in-the-wall, and had the BEST mocha I've had in ages. Well, I haven't had a mocha in ages, but if I had this would've ranked as the best. And look, the sweet little barista wrote "enjoy"! I wanted to cry. Then again everything makes me cry these days. but you know what I mean =-) I was so excited by her kind service, and we started chatting. her name is Patience. Hmm, I get it. I needed to hear "enjoy" from "Patience" today. You knew that, Lord.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Praying for you guys. I was praying and meditating over James 1 1-8 today. I will pray that for you as well. Love your family.
ReplyDelete