I am not the type of person that is good at the adoption thingy. I mean the part where you gather paper work, keep track of it, schedule appts, remember to go to those appts, ask people for favors like writing referrals and getting things notarized, and then the waiting and waiting...
We are leaving our house in about an hour, on a wing and a prayer. In the meantime I need to finish packing all these little odds n ends into my carry ons and checked bags.
And we need to track down our Home Study agency. Turns out our lawyer never received two of our most important documents. Thankfully we learned about this at 6am this morning. Now if only the agency would answer their phone or email - I've certainly filled both their machine and inbox with plenty of frantic messages in the past three hours. Hey, nothing like a little drama to take my mind off the fact that I'm kissing my baby girls good-bye with no certainty of when I'll be returning.
So, anyway, I'm not great at this whole adoption thingy. The gestation and labor are tough tough tough. But God is good. And I don't mean that flippantly. Really, He is good. And His faithfulness endures forever. Even if we have to board a plane without these two little pieces of very-important-paperwork.
No comments:
Post a Comment