This is Dave posting for the first time:)
I've heard it set many times that I would never truly know the sacrifice that God made for us, in having his son Jesus die on the cross, until I had children of my own. As much as I've found that to be true, being away from my girls and beginning to bond with Joshua and Joseph has truly brought this truth to life. I don't think I'm an overly emotional person, yet I find myself not being able to get through a single Skype call without breaking into tears because I miss Ruby and Sadie so much. Even the Skype call where we were most definitely distracting Sadie from SuperWhy :)
Yet, at the same time, getting to know Joshua and Joseph has been nothing short of unbelievable. Sure there has been times of utter frustration if Joseph screams one more time. But, let's be honest, I'm no different in my relationship with the Lord...yet the Lord has always given me another chance. To find myself beginning to fall in love with my sons is both truly exciting and also a bit scary. If I grow into the same relationship with them that I have with my daughters...I just don't think I'll ever be able to be away from home any more :)
From this father, I simply cannot thank you enough for your love, prayers and support for my family. We so desperately need it. I've found myself scared, excited, confused, nervous and so many more emotions since being Africa. I'm so truly thankful for the incredible wife the Lord has given me...without her...well I'm not even going to go there.
I can't wait to embrace my daughters again soon and to see them get to know their brothers. Nothing would make this father's heart more happy for Christmas!
This left me in tears. As I try to type and wipe my cheeks....I just wanted to say what a blessing it has been to walk this road with you guys. And I will be here still when this road finally brings you back home and your family is complete and TOGETHER. MWAH!
ReplyDelete