Saturday, August 4, 2012

We had a great nine days of dorm-livin' at our national (ministry) staff conference.  The boys did remarkably well in childcare, and the girls did amazingly well despite lots of late nights.  Thankfully we were only 20 minutes from home, so twice I zipped the kids home for naps - mostly so Ruby could nap too (another reason I'm so glad we invested in room-darkening curtains for the girls' bedroom!).
Today we attended the annual picnic hosted by an adoption grant program that Dave helps give leadership to.  We were tired, and even sorta "peopled-out", but it was good to be around other families that look like ours, and have walked a similar journey. Above is a photo of 2/3 of us - the bigger kids didn't make the photo, and neither did a handful of camera-shy parents.
So - there's my facebook-type status.  But behind those two short paragraphs above are a  lot of thoughts and feelings about these past 10 days.  Thoughts I haven't sorted through quite yet, and feelings I haven't decided how to write about.  Hopefully soon.
For now, I need to turn off the Olympic coverage and drag my tired body to bed, regretting that I didn't do laundry tonight... well "regret" is a strong word.  I wouldn't go that far =-)

No comments:

Post a Comment