Five days driving through Wisconsin: visiting family, and dear friends, a children's museum, amazing scenery along the bluffs and river valley, watching football practices (more on that later), logging miles and miles in the van while the girls play with dolls and the boys make farting noises (already?), my feet on the dashboard while Dave drives and I learn how to work twitter on his phone... and drinking Kwik Trip milkshakes cuz let's be honest, they are a.m.a.z.i.n.g.
Now I'm on my second load of laundry, and the dishwasher is humming, and Dave's paying bills, and the kids are sleeping in a room separate from ours, and it's good to be home.
And N, if you read this blog, please know seeing you was a highlight for me. And when I grow up, I wanna be like you. You have a voice as soft as Caroline Ingalls, and a laugh as easy as Pollyanna, and you have creative ideas and a generous heart. Next time I wanna leave the husbands home with the kids and take you out for tea and pick your brain. But I bet you don't have any secrets. I bet you'd say it's just loving Jesus and letting Him love others through you - cuz that's what I see you doing. But just in case you have some secrets, I'm going to press you for 'em. =-)
No comments:
Post a Comment