I just spent an hour putting up Christmas decorations. Totally irrational. It's my way of "doing something", and of trying to come to terms with the very real possibility that we will be home for Christmas, not home by Christmas, but home without having traveled across the world yet to meet and welcome two precious boys to our family.
We don't know one way or the other yet - so maybe I'm being melodramatic. And it's no one's fault. And no one owes us any differently. And our respect for the people in Africa who work so hard on behalf of the fatherless is only increasing.
But today we were suppose to hear some news. Yesterday we were supposed to too. And the day before that...and before that.
So putting Christmas music in the cd player, and putting up fake evergreen swags on my dining room windows, and lighting a scented candle seems like the only natural response.
I guess now I should take the jack-o-lanterns off the front steps too =-)
No comments:
Post a Comment