Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Two Months in Heaven

My nieces have been in heaven for two months now. I know their mommy and daddy have been missing them every minute since they died. That's the really hard part. My heart aches for my brother and sister(in law).
This morning I was thinking about my baby nieces, and wondering what two months in heaven feels like to them. It's all they've ever known - having never experienced pain, loss, disappointment on earth. They are fully alive, they have unique personalities, and they are caught up in raptuous delight - in the prescence of GOD.
I Thessalonians 4:13-14 tells us to be informed about death so we can have hope.
(Randy Alcorn has a very informative, researched, and Biblical book about heaven. I read a lot of it a few years ago, and hope to dig through it again this summer.)
A few minutes ago I googled "do babies go to heaven?" and found Bible verse after Bible verse that supports the belief that indeed God saves babies and brings them into eternity with Him in heaven. Pastor John Piper has some convincing reasons, supported by scripture too.
So...yes, my nieces are in heaven. Two months in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment