Last night I found pictures of you, Joshua, from exactly a year ago to the date. Weird, huh? These pictures of you had been posted by a friend of a friend of a friend - on facebook, of course. You were at a care center, and the people visiting and helping out were smitten with you. Joshua you were sooo tiny. Way too tiny for your age. I was crying to look at how small you were, and then I was laughing (while crying) to see that you have always been YOU. The captions from one visitor included "one more pic of Joshy, cuz he is awesome", and "Beautiful Joshua - my favorite boy" and "making Joshua laugh, not hard to do because he's a happy boy"
I cried to think that God was so kind to put lots of people into your
life, before Momma and Daddy, to love you. We were not there, but God
was. You were so tiny and fragile, but God gave you a
big personality! In a lot of the group photos, I'd scan to look for your face. It was
you I wanted to see. Then I realized that's how God feels about
each of His children (Acts 10:34).
 |
| Joshua feeding himself mashed potatoes yesterday |
No comments:
Post a Comment