Sunday, May 6, 2012

Our Nature Boy

Joseph, you are so special.  One things that makes you special in our family is your love for nature - and especially for plants.  You've always loved flowers, trees, shrubs...you name it.  Daddy and I are more city-folk, but I have a feeling that you are going to teach us a lot about appreciating God's creation in nature.  I'll never forget our time at Emmaus Guesthouse.  You loved to be in the backyard.  I had to keep a close eye on you!  You were always breaking branches and leaves off the plants - and usually trying to eat them too =-)





Here you are admiring the daisies while the adults sit and chat under the gazeebo at the guesthouse
Here you are attempting to peel the bark off a mini-palm tree at the guesthouse
Here you are "off-roading" on our family walk today!
Today on our family walk, you were mostly lingering behind the rest of us just strolling at your own pace.  I'm thankful that God is using you to teach me (literally) to slow down and smell the roses!

No comments:

Post a Comment