Wednesday, May 23, 2012
the final count down to summer
My baby is about to "graduate" from kindergarten. Just four more school days left for her until the big ceremony. I'm not sure how/when this kindergarten graduation thing got started, but I'm a sucker for this sort of thing. A lot has happened since Ruby's first day of school! She's dropped naps, learned to zip her own coat, started reading, can write words as they're spelled to her, made a zillion friends, added two little brothers to her following, memorized dozens of Bible verses, became a fast runner, learned some music theory, perfected coloring in the lines... Can you tell I'm so proud of her?
On Mondays, Wednesdays,and Fridays, Ruby rides the bus to school...and we get to pick her up when she's done. For LouLou, the boys, and I, it's our favorite time of day ~ to be reunited. We pull up to the curb and wait for the principal to dismiss Ruby from the front door, and LouLou waits outside the van door so she and Ruby can run to each other, and hug. Today Ruby came out with a bean plant...which reminds me...it's still in the car. Oops.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment