Nothing much to report as far as our current adoption journey. Well, at least that's what it feels like. I just realized that our home study has been "in process" for over a year. Seriously never would've guessed a year ago, that we'd be in this phase - still.
But, that's ok. Really. It is.
As soon as our home study is completed (the social worker is drafting it up this week), we will then send it to USCIS (gov't office that processes immigrations) and they will review our application to adopt internationally. Then we'll get a very important date to show up for very important finger printing from FBI, and our background checks will be processed forthwith. I dunno if "forthwith" is the appropriate word - but I wanted it to sound as important and official as it is - because once that happens we get another very important clearance/form from the gov't that says "yes indeedly doodly, the Feldners can adopt internationally" or something to that effect. We'll need that very important form when we go to Africa.
But... drum roll please... we are already on a waiting list at a particular orphange in Africa. This "baby home" only works with a very small number of adoptive families at a time, in an effort to devote as much time as possible to the ongoing care of the babies in their custody. And we will be included in the next batch of families to adopt from this baby home/orphange.
The length of time it will take for us to be moved from "waiting" to "active" at this baby home will depend on how long it takes the current batch of families to go through the court process in that country. Maybe a couple months? I'm totally just guessing. Never been on this path before, so I have no clue. I hope it's forthwith.
Exciting times!
No comments:
Post a Comment