Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Like A Water Stop On A Long Road

God made me a mother for His glory and my joy. Sometimes (days like today) I wonder if either of those goals are being accomplished. God, is His wisdom and kindness, gave me a daughter with strengths I don’t have and weaknesses I don't want. She was recently diagnosed with a condition that’s not for publication on the world wide web, but needless to say it’s been hard as a momma to navigate these waters. But, tonight after dinner, I found her working quietly at the little craft table. She was coloring. Carefully and with determined focus, she colored an entire page. Big. This is big. I am so proud. With teary eyes, I snapped a photo. This little moment made the rest of the day’s struggles fade…

1 comment:

  1. i feel like you do in this post a lot. Amazing how God allows us to love these little ones and entrusts us with them... and I fail so often in "walking in love" hugs and cannot wait to see you

    ReplyDelete