Tuesday, January 25, 2011

When winter is too chilly for the Sun to come out

The Sun feels too chilly to come out.
That's Sadie Lou's guess for why the sky is so often overcast in the winter. She asks me almost daily, while we're riding in the car, "Oh no, Momma! Where did the sun go?!" Yesterday, I turned the question back to her, rather than trying to explain agin that it isn't really gone but that we can't see it when the sky is cloudy. She said, "I think the sun feels too chilly to come out, and the clouds are too chilly too." Ah ha! The sky had no clouds, just one big old gray blanket covering the whole thing. But that's not so bad - cuz usually on overcast days, it's actually warmer. And with temps in the double digits, we called Daddy to hurry home from work before dark so we could sled down the big hill at our neighborhood park. LOTS of fun! But, for Sadie, I think playing on the snow covered playgroun took the cake!

1 comment:

  1. okay, I had no idea you had a blog. Seriously... I am subscribing. I am not sure if you know or not, but we will be going back to the States this spring, in MN in april. Would love to connect and talk through adoption with you. Zach is more open to it, but we are just so uncertain as to how to go about doing it overseas. It is all a bit overwhelming! Would love to talk with you about it.
    hugs julie

    ReplyDelete