Tomorrow my first born baby girl will begin a new era of childhood: "grade school". She begins spending more of her waking hours away from me than she spends with me. She's gonna love school. It's not her I'm worried about. It's me. I have been overwrought with emotion. I don't want to give her up. I want to keep her home with me.
That's not the plan.
Ugh.
But other than that I'm thankful. I'm thankful that she's smart enough and healthy enough to go to first grade.
And I'm thankful for all the hours, and days, and weeks we've spent playing with Little People on the floor, and dancing to The Wiggles, and coloring pictures, and dressing her in "pretty" costumes and introducing her to an imaginary audience of admirers, and fixing her doll's hair, and tea parties while she sits in the bubble bath, and painting toenails, and swinging in the backyard... and Lord willing, that doesn't have to stop.
No comments:
Post a Comment