Monday, July 16, 2012

Splash Pool on a 100 Degree Day

I mean, we're not anti-social or anything - but it was fun to have the splash pool all to ourselves this morning.  Today the temps would top off around 100 degrees, so I threw the kids in the van first thing in the morning and we arrived at this park before anyone else...for a good 45 minutes we had the pool, waterfalls, and the favorite: showers all to ourselves (and then suddenly there were 40 other guests that arrived almost simultaneously).  It's been fun to watch Ruby and Sadie Lou grow in confidence in their water/swim abilities.  And the boys?  Well they love water so much that anytime I'm even driving over a bridge they'll shout "Hi, water!  Hi, water!"  So - I scored big points today by spending the morning at the splash pool, and then heading straight to the office to meet Daddy for lunch.  Never mind that I looked like a drowned rat, and there were 10 people from out-of-town who were also at the office for meetings and lunch.  I got looks of sympathy and two people gave me the comment I hear most often (ugh) "Wow, looks like you've got your hands full!"  Thank you.  Do you mean I look haggard?  Cuz actually I might smell of sun screen and sweat, but today was a great day =-)

No comments:

Post a Comment