My mom and I went to NYC for a weekend to celebrate God's mercy: her
victory over breast cancer. We arrived home 10 hrs before Ruby's first day of school!

Mom's favorite corners of New York are the DUMBO and Brooklyn Heights neighborhoods. I gotta agree with her, you can't visit NYC without spending time in these quaint spots. Mom and I have
lots of memories in Brooklyn Heights from three summers ago - she was my right arm for 30+ days while Dave and I led a missions project with college students. We strolled the Promenade where Sadie Lou had her first baby laugh, and watched kids play in the park where Ruby conquered her fear of the twisty slide...

We took almost 200 photos, but most of them are of buildings. We rode the top of a double-decker bus and did the "tourist thing" for 2 days. I used to roll my eyes at those buses, but now I'm a big fan! (btw isn't my mom adorable with her short hair?) p.s. Mom, if you're reading this and want me to take the photos down, I will, but for the record you look very chic') Thanks, Dave, for sending us on this trip-of-a-lifetime. And thanks, Mom, for being
you. New York is awesome, but New York with my mom is the
best!
No comments:
Post a Comment