In the last couple of days I've had three different people ask me when I'm going to update this blog. Hilarious to me - cuz I had no idea that people (outside my mom and one or two adoptive momma friends) even check in on the blog.
But, here's my excuse: we don't have a working camera. I haven't wanted to post anything without pics to accompany any story I might type. Cuz, really who wants to read about Ruby riding her "big wheel" on a mile long walk, when you could see a photo of my super tall 5 yr old peddling a toddler toy with her knees practically hitting her ears. And who wants to read about how my kindergartner has shown more interest in books in the last two days than she has in over 5 yrs...which means that three times (without prompting) she has pretended to read her library book to her little sister while they lay on their tummies in their bedroom. Wouldn't it be cuter to just see a photo? Well, I haven't figured out how to download the mental pictures I've taken this week. So no blog posts.
And in terms of our African adoption journey: a couple posts ago I was talking in code about the twists and turns in adoption. Out of respect for the people in Africa that work tirelessly on behalf of orphans, we are unable to share details of our journey on the world-wide-web. You can contact me directly, if you're a friend of mine and want more details - but basically we're in a little bit of a holding pattern until sometime next week.
If that's as clear as mud - just know that we need your prayers as we wait upon the Lord for His leading on this adoption journey. We feel excited to follow Jesus, and draw closer to His heart for the fatherless, and we love adoption more than ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment