Monday, June 7, 2010

Here in New York

This past week, or two, have been quite a blur of activity: packing up our "old house" as we now refer to it with Ruby and Sadie Lou, and getting ready for our summer adventure in NYC, and then flying with little girls and luggage in tow... and here we are! The girls are resting after a great morning of exploring Central Park (while Daddy is in lots of mtgs today getting ready for the college students to arrive). The three of us braved the subway during rush hour. It was like old hat! (I even helped three different people who asked me for directions - I must look like I live here after all!) No stroller made the subway easier, but Sadie Lou didn't walk nearly as much as I anticipated she would. Go figure - a two year old gets tired walking blocks and blocks, so I carried her a LOT. Hmm, we're going to need to figure out what's easier for Momma: navigating the subway system with a stroller, or carrying my 30 lb koala baby-girl...

1 comment:

  1. oh. . . I SO know what your life is like in NYC. Public transportation with little ones is SO difficult. there are not any elevators here so when I was prego with Levi (Hudson had just turned 2) and Abby was 4 I had to stop using public transportation. I couldn't carry him up and down the stairs and a stroller didn't make it easier. So, we couldn't do much,, including grocery shopping and all of that. Glad you are figuring it out and SO glad you are there this summer doing what you are doing! It truly does make a difference in people's lives including your two sweet girls! love you Joy!! :)

    ReplyDelete