Monday, May 24, 2010

Packing Up

So ... we're moving. We close on selling our home next Tuesday. I can't believe I just typed that. Yee-haw! We've been on the market for nearly 23 months - and God brought a buyer in the eleventh hour, or the midnight hour, or whatever you say that means just in the nick of time. We will put our stuff in storage while we are in NYC for June and July - as our next home is yet-to-be-determined. This week Dave is directing an urban missions project for college students here in town, and is away from the house 12-14 hrs a day. So I am packing during naps, and after the girls are in bed.
There is a bumper crop of fragrant peonies ready to greet the new owner of this home!
Lou Lou - God bless her...but here is the face she makes when I DARE to not hold her for a few moments. She's not-so-conveniently going through another phase of wanting Momma 24/7. Makes packing a house, and packing for a seven week trip to NYC a little challenging.
Ruby took this photo. We played all morning outside in the 90+ degree heat so they'd be extra tired for naps. Of course it didn't occur to me that Momma would be extra tired too =-) Time to go pack some more...

1 comment:

  1. Yee-haw! I have a pile of boxes going out with the recycling Wednesday. Let me know if you want 'um!

    ReplyDelete