Tuesday, November 27, 2012

We're still here

Nope.  Haven't posted in a long time... actually it's cuz I have too much to say, and not enough time to "process", and so I'll be getting to that - soon.
In 36 hours I'll be on an airplane, by myself.   Well not really by myself, but with a bunch of strangers that are unlikely to ask me to spell something, or refill their sippy cup, or help place their toy train on the track, or make their sister share... I'll be as "alone" with my thoughts as I could ever be =-)
Dave's currently out in New York, on his fifth ministry trip in 10 weeks, and I get to join him for the weekend.  My awesome parents will stay home with our precious children, and I'll get to be in on the ministry action in a way I haven't been for a looong time.  I'm really looking forward to it.
Sure, I have some mommy-guilt about being away from the boys for the first time in nearly a year.  I am anticipating that we could very likely have re-attaching and reassuring to do when I return home. But mostly I am just excited to be going on this ministry trip back to my favorite city in the whole wide world - the place where I feel so at home, so alive and adventurous, optimistic, and energized.  So, it's a good trade.
I'll tell ya about it when I get back.
My laptop is staying home =-)

1 comment:

  1. WooHoo! You'll be in the city! Would love to connect, but I know you'll be busy and so am I, but maybe? :) Cindy

    ReplyDelete