Thursday, October 25, 2012

Three Soups don't make a party

I made three types of homemade soup today.  Well, technically two soups and one chili.  I should've made them all last night like I had planned, but instead I decided on the fly to make carrot muffins, and before ya know it, it's 11 o'clock and I'm ready for bed.  Today we were supposed to be hosting some of our staff team and some out-of-town staff and interns from our ministry, but this morning Joshua woke up lethargic and clingy.  I texted Dave during his morning meeting to suggest we cancel our "souper supper" but he didn't think it was necessary.  So, I pressed on and managed to chop onions and green peppers, celery, etc and saute, and toss in crockpots, and brown three kinds of meats - all while calling out "LouLou he's not feeling well, please don't drag him by his wrist." and "Yes, Joshy, Momma's coming" and "No, JoeJoe, Momma can't hold you right now.  What?  Ok I'll give you a hug.  There.  Now go find your toys.  Yes, Son.  No, don't say no to Momma, Honey." and eventually everything was in it's respective pot, and I could step out of the kitchen permanently to sit and hold my littlest sicky.  Uh oh he was really warm.  Like - 104 degrees.
So, Tylenol, and another text and email (or two) to dear husband.  And game off.
Well, that solves the hosting-20-guests-while-holding-a-sick-kid-on-my-hip dilemma, but it's only 12noon.  And older brother is bored.  He keeps doing that thing siblings do to pester each other: he stands super close to his brother and leans into him to "accidentally" knock him off his footing.  Yeah, cool trick, and mom will never notice, right?  And when she does, and when she stops him a dozen or so times, he can just sit really close to brother and bug him by getting in his personal space.  That's a cool trick too.  And when Mom notices that, he can steal brother's toys and try biting him.
And Sadie was pouty.
But then we noticed the snow.  Well, not snow by Minnesota standards, but close enough:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment