Wednesday, October 3, 2012

LouLou learns about apples

I brought my camera with me to Sadie Lou's preschool this morning on the off chance that I could get it to work.  Voila!  It allowed me to take exactly one picture - and I'm satisfied.  Here LouLou stands feeling so proud and grown-up.  She's about to board a school bus with her preschool class for a field trip to an apple orchard.  She was gone exactly 2.5 hours, and when the bus pulled back into the church/school parking lot, Joseph started giggling that deep guttural giggle, and Joshua started jumping up and down "LouLou, come!  LouLou back!"  they were chanting, and my heart was joining them.  I don't know why, but I had been feeling fearful about putting her on that big school bus with no seat belts, and bidding her farewell.
Weird how we mothers do that sometimes.  We go "all bad" and have these flashes of thoughts like "what if my child dies while on a school field trip?".  Stupid how I allow Satan to steal my joy, and get me to worry rather than trust.
And what if she hadn't come back?  Would God still be good?  Would His goodness still be worthy of my trust?  "Search me oh God, and know my heart.  Test me and know my anxious thoughts.  See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting..."
And by the way, thank you Lord for allowing LouLou to learn about apples...and for bringing her back to me safely too =-)

No comments:

Post a Comment