These three amigas are already in 8th grade. I can hardly believe it! I first met two of them as 3rd graders (and one as a 6th grader) when they first got involved in our S.A.Y. Yes Center after school program. Now they are young ladies.
As I type - there are some five dozen young ladies (like these three amigas) and their mentors gathered at a S.A.Y. Yes Center Purity Retreat just a few miles from our house.
This year the girls are focusing on storing their treasure in Heaven, while the guys retreat (coming up in March) participants will be learning how to be godly men and leaders.
We are asking that you be in prayer for these essential weekends. Here are some specific items that you can pray for:
Pray that these retreats will be very powerful and life-changing
Pray against any sort of spiritual battle
Pray for the relationships to deepen between the mentors and the students
Pray for tender hearts to the gospel and truth of God's word
This year the girls are focusing on storing their treasure in Heaven, while the guys retreat (coming up in March) participants will be learning how to be godly men and leaders.
We are asking that you be in prayer for these essential weekends. Here are some specific items that you can pray for:
Pray that these retreats will be very powerful and life-changing
Pray against any sort of spiritual battle
Pray for the relationships to deepen between the mentors and the students
Pray for tender hearts to the gospel and truth of God's word
Thanks, friends! I look forward to keeping you posted on how things went
OH MY GOODNESS! The names don't come to me right at the moment but I recognize at least the 2 faces from my time at SAY Yes! wow, they have grown up so much! :) So good to see hear they got to go to the purity retreat. I hope it was a blessed time!
ReplyDelete