Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Middle Pickle

Sadie, my LouLou, is now the pickle-in-the-middle of our family. She doesn't get talked about as much. Maybe cuz she's usually the most low-maintenance, least challenging (except in the middle of the night)...but certainly not because she's not utterly and completely remarkable! She is kind, sensitive, conscientious, hard-working, athletic, super intelligent, and beautiful. We are so proud of her! She's not even four years old yet, and I forget that sometimes - my baby girl, who sometimes seems so capable to carry a bigger piece of the world on her shoulders than she should. This past Saturday she completed a 5-session soccer class, and we got to see her demonstrate how to pass, dribble, shoot, and trap the ball. She was beside herself with nervousness before we got there, and her eyes were even tearing up. I got a big lump in my throat as I was trying to talk her off the ledge. She just wants to do things with excellence, and she's not one to seek the spotlight. But, can I brag for a sec? 'Course I can, it's my blog! Ok.
She was a.w.e.s.o.m.e.

No comments:

Post a Comment