Sunday, October 9, 2011

Rhinos lived on this carpet

When we moved into our home a year ago, we had to get new carpet for the kids' bedroom. I spent lots of time trying to decide between a beige with pink undertones, or green undertones, or gray undertones. The salesman was right, once the carpet was in my house I liked it and couldn't remember what my other options even looked like. But one thing I won't forget is that "rhinos lived on this carpet". According to the salesman, our carpet has synthetic fibers woven into each strand that make it extra stain resistant and durable. In fact, this carpet type was laid on the floor of a zoo, and rhinos lived on it for a month. Then the carpet was cleaned, and every stain and odor came out completely! Quite a carpet, huh?
Well, when I think about this blog, and what I am, and am not, writing about these days, I feel a little like someone who has an actual rhino living on their bedroom carpet, and when a neighbor comes to visit I simply talk on and on about the durability of the carpet and never once acknowledge there is an actual rhino in the room.
See, we have lots of exciting, and nerve-wracking, and even mundane things happening in our adoption journey. But rather than blog about these things, I am posting photos of pumpkin patches, and other sweet everyday life sort of things.
This is because we LOVE adoption. We LOVE the children God has brought to our family that are currently upstairs sleeping in their beds. And we LOVE the children that, prayerfully, God will also be bringing to our family in the next couple months. And we LOVE the country that currently cares for our yet-to-be-adopted children. And out of respect for all involved, we are choosing to keep details off of the internet.
But please know that our cyber silence has nothing to do with any lack of excitement in this journey. It's just the opposite.
psst! there's a rhino on the carpet!

No comments:

Post a Comment