Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Bags

Last weekend we had nearly 300 volunteers come to the warehouse to help us pack 5,000 Easter Bags for children in our urban communities.
Dave's parents came to town to help at the warehouse, and then to celebrate at Sadie's birthday party the next day. They were a big help, but most of all it's just great having them around!


It was Sadie's 3rd birthday (her name tag let everyone know) and we had each shift of volunteers sing to her...she LOVED that. I was sorta surprised, because she's our "shy" girl.


Ruby was a hard worker, and loved making dozens of new friends. After fours hours at the warehouse, I was exhausted and loaded the girls up to drive home for an attempt at nap time. But about a mile from the warehouse, Dave called to say our kids from the SAY Yes Center had just arrived. I did the world's fastest U-turn!


This young man, a special buddy of Ruby, first came to the SAY Yes Center for an Easter outreach three years ago. He received an Easter Bag - and the rest is history! How cool that he is now a part of preparing Easter Bags for other kids.


These young ladies are so special to me. I've gotten to watch them grow up at SAY Yes Center for the past four years. They came to help pack Easter Bags too, and were greater helpers.

No comments:

Post a Comment