Friday, March 22, 2013

These kids.  These are the reasons I type on this blog.  They are also the reason I haven't typed on this blog as much lately.  Winter has been long and cold here in Minnesota.  Immune systems have been compromised.  Winter's also included plenty of sunny days, that look really cheerful, crisp, and clean - from the warm side of the window... good metaphor for our life with four precious kiddos.  We (well, mostly "I") have been near my breaking point quite a few times in the past several weeks: too many sleep deprived nights, too many psychological gymnastics during the day.  But we're entering a level spot in the journey God has our family on, and I'm not sure how long it will last, but I'll enjoy the reprieve, and prayerfully I'll take advantage of using this time to make adjustments to our travel gear.  I have lots of new things I want to incorporate: chore charts (ha! for the hundreth time), and Bible memory (for me, not just the kids), and additional dietary refinements, and a better bedtime (for me), and intentionality in friendships (again, for me).
And these kids.  I wonder if they'll ever realize that I'm the one that drew the longer straw.  I'm the one.