Saturday, June 18, 2011

Why Write a Blog

There are plenty of blogs I check in on periodically. I read blogs that are family journals of an adoption process, or daily life as a missionary somewhere across the sea, or interior decorating do-it-yourself bloggy stuff, or whatnot... but this blog isn't read by really anyone beside a handful of friends and family - so, honestly this blog is just for me.
And today I gotta tell myself: "augh!! adoption is hard. it's excruciating. it's not for the faint of heart, or for someone who wants to do something attractive.
Adoption is unpredictable, and uncertain, and has no shiny promise of relief on the other end. People are messy, and adoption involves people. So, Self, do the math. Adoption is not on the list of things I get to control (and I'm learning that that particular list is very very short anyway). But, psst, Self, adoption is worth it. Where would you be, Lil Miss Thing, if not for God's costly adoption of you? Adoption is beautiful. Adoption is permanent. Adoption is dangerous, but God is good. The road to adoption is long and tiring, but God is carrying you, so what's your problem?"

1 comment:

  1. I heard someone wise recently say that, while we desire simplicity, it's the mess that makes life so beautiful. Praying for your beautiful family - near and far.

    ReplyDelete