Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Feelings Nothing More Than Feelings...

Tonight I'm feeling sad. Like I didn't get invited to the birthday party that EVERY other girl in the second grade class got invited to, or something like that. Maybe it feels like I did get invited, but couldn't go because my family was taking a trip. Yeah, that's more the feeling. Like I am missing something really great, for something else that is great - but feeling sad to miss the other great thing. Ok, I'm sorta talking in code, and I know that's not fair. But this is the world wide web, and I'm not quite ready to "put it all out there". Basically, Dave and I have been working towards a certain goal for 23 months, and it's starting to come to fruition, which is great... but is also interrupting our ability to place as much attention on our adoption process as we'd like.
So, I'm feeling "sad" because I've been checking other blogs of families in the Rwanda adoption process who are waaay further down the road than us, yet started later than us. I'm happy for them! But feeling sad that we're not there yet.
Sigh. Guess I'm just a girl who wants my cake and to eat it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment