Friday, February 26, 2010

The Importance of Being Siblings

Last weekend Ruby and Lou Lou both experienced a first. Both girls got the stomach flu for the first time. It was tough to watch them so miserable. They were like limp noodles on the couch. It made us so much more aware of how blessed we are to have generally healthy children.

Lately I've been especially moved by the miracle of adoption as it relates to my kids being siblings. I was driving Ruby to her four year old "well check" doctor appt yesterday. I peeked at her through the rear view mirror - she was gazing out the window and singing along to her "Wiggles" cd. LouLou was trying to mimic Ruby's every move. Augh, my kids are so pretty it hurts sometimes! These are my kids, because God has made them a part of our family. And lately what has been so special to think about is how God has given them to each other as well.
As we take steps to adopt our next child from Rwanda, I think about how God in His wisdom is plucking my children from far corners of the world to bring them together as siblings. To think that God, in His goodness toward them, has hand-selected them to be siblings and compliment each other, and sharpen each other, and reflect God's love to each other...


1 comment:

  1. It's true! You know Brett barely utters a word, but when I took him shopping today without his siblings, he must have asked for "Lahdia" 100 times! I love seeing their relationship grow.

    And I can't wait to meet who God has for Ruby and LouLou next!

    ReplyDelete